Frequently Asked Questions About Studying Abroad - Part 2

If you are a student and want to study in a foreign land, then there are few things that you should know beforehand. You might have many questions in your mind, but it is best to have the answers before beginning up with the procedure to go abroad.

So, are you ready to get the answers to the most frequently asked questions? Let's get started without any delay.

Should I learn to speak a second language?

Many students are caught up in the web of learning multiple languages before going abroad. Let's make it simple for you. The basic requirement is to learn English, and for that, you have to clear at least one of the English proficiency tests. Learning the local language should be your choice, but English should be your second language. Many universities and colleges accept students who are fluent in English speaking. The language will help you to make yourself comfortable in a different land.

English is also taught in a number of other countries around the world, particularly in graduate programs and business degrees. English-taught courses will be displayed on the university's website and can also be found using a national agency's centralized database.

Make sure to check which English proficiency tests your chosen school acknowledges before taking a language test to avoid wasting money on the wrong one. If it is IELTS or PTE, then you can get in touch with COVA for the best IELTS Coaching in Lalru, Ambala.

Do I have to attend an admission interview?

The chances of conducting such interviews are not possible as students have applied from all over the world. But in some cases, the universities conduct interviews by making multiple centres across the world. However, the possibility of such a thing is low.

When should I start applying for college?

The best course of action is to begin considering your application as soon as possible. After all, the sooner you've been accepted to a university, the sooner you can start planning your travels. Mark your calendar with all of the important application deadlines to avoid disappointment.

The deadlines will differ from one country to the next, as well as from one university to the next. All you have to do is plan ahead of time. You can seek advice from experts if the need arises. It's best if you make a list of the top universities' intakes that you've narrowed down.

You should get advice from an expert if you have any doubts. All you have to do is to search for the best Study Visa Consultants in Chandigarh. They will guide you in the right direction.

What should I do after receiving a letter of acceptance?

The very first thing that you should do once you receive the confirmation letter is to start collecting all the necessary travel documents. It is after the time to pack your bags and chase your dream. Make sure you have a valid passport, travel insurance, and, if necessary, a student visa. Make sure you allow enough time for your passport/visa to be approved so you can travel legally.

Just to be more sure, you can explore the country's government website where you are planning to go. You will get to know about each and every document that you need.

Alternatively, you can seek advice from your university. Admissions offices will often help you prepare for your trip, and in some cases, they will even apply for your student visa on your behalf. Always double-check with your university.

Do I need a student visa?

Yes, if you are stepping outside of your country, then you need a student visa to pursue your dreams. A tourist or visitor visa may be sufficient if you're taking part in a three-month or less exchange.

Check with your chosen university or the government travel webpage of your country of study to be sure. In short, it depends on your course duration and type.

Can I get financial aid if I am planning to study abroad?

Every country and university has different schemes and scholarship plans. If you want to know in-depth about those plans, you better do some research on the university you are considering. You can check the details either on the website or can contact them through email.

There is one more thing that you can do: get in touch with an immigration Consultants in Chandigarh. The experts will help you to get the answers to your questions. They know about different universities and countries.

Many scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic achievement and are extremely competitive. There are also numerous funding programs aimed at specific student groups.

Where will I live in a foreign country?

There are two options; the first one is you can apply for campus accommodation, but if you are not able to find one, then the second option is to find accommodation outside the university. In the first case, you have to apply for accommodation, and in the second case, you have to do some research and rent accommodation. Some of the students go with the second option. It is completely your choice which option you want to choose.

Am I permitted to work during my studies?

Your ability to work will be determined by whether or not your student visa allows you to do so. There are limitations in some countries on the amount of paid work you can do while studying. There is often a limit of 20 hours of paid work per week during the school year, with full-time work authorized during the holidays.

If you work while studying, it's not a great idea to rely on your wages to cover living expenses, and you'll have to show you have enough resources to finance yourself when you apply for your visa in many cases.

These are the answers that are important to you if you are planning to move abroad for your studies.

Start your preparations right away. Good luck!

10 views0 comments